Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ha ha

Got to my meeting last night - the topic?  'Going to Meetings' my higher power has a sense of humor which I appreciate.

It's amazing how seeing the people I consider my family here in NY (my home group) soften the prickly edges I can build up. It's interesting to see and feel the difference with how I am relating to the world today versus a few days ago. The main thing I kept hearing last night was, even if you just sit in a meeting, the very fact that you've taken the action to go there and listen starts to shift you.

I also realized between moving in two months and getting married in four, now is NOT the time to go lax on meetings, in fact I'll probably need them more than ever to keep me right sized and away from a drink.

and service.  I suppose it's time to start doing some service in SOME capacity. Thanks for that reminder dAAve

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe how close it is -- the wedding, I mean. With you a day at a time every step of the way! With love, L

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love that God has a sense of humor. As it should be! :)

    (((((hugs))))))

    ReplyDelete